Modern Decks for the Modern World
Who We Are
Hen-House Decks is a locally owned and operate deck company created by Andy Henley. Henley, who is an experienced and professional deck contractor, has been involved in the decking business for over 10 years, with years of knowledge in the field. He has been in the decking industry since 2007 and has worked for multiple reputable deck builders in N.E. Ohio; some of which are now larger companies. In early 2017, Andy made a career move and parted ways with his former partner, and created Hen-House Decks. With creativity and a modern style approach, our decking company is taking the industry by force.
What We Do
- Cuyahoga Falls
Andy began his construction career in 2004 working as a brick layer and then framing custom homes. In late summer of 2006 however, Andy was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia. This caused Andy severe pain in the left side of his face and resulted in having a major brain surgery to correct the issue. During the surgery, Andy suffered a minor stroke that resulted in the left side of his body being in a paralyzedlike state.
Happily, this was taken care of by a year of working hard in physical therapy; however, this issue forced Andy to take another career path. In 2008, Andy was hired by a decking company to sell decking products to contractors. After finding a new passion in the decking industry, Andy pursued a new careerin the business; first working with a company in Cleveland and then meeting a business partner and forming a decking company in Green, Ohio.
In 2017, Andy decided to branch off and create Hen-House Decks which offers services to the general public.
With nearly 10 years in the decking business, Andy has accumulated vast know ledge of the products he sells:
– Advanced training in working with deck design software – 2X Trex University – Extreme knowledge in products and specifications – 2014 Best Deck over 1000sf (built in Rocky River, OH built looking over LakeErie) – 8X Trex Pro (7 with former company) – 2017 Trex Pro Gold (Hen-House Decks) – 2018 Trex Pro Platinum (Hen-House Decks)
Interest and Fun Facts About Andy:
- He’s a former high school wrestler at Akron Springfield
- He has family in Australia
- Music: Country, Classic Rock
- Enjoys hanging out with his family by spending weekends in southern Ohio four wheeling and sitting around a fire.
- He married his beautiful wife (Krissy) in 2012 in Saint Lucia, the Caribbean
- He has two wonderful children: 4-year-old Emma and 1 year old Boone
Born and raised in Uniontown, Ohio, Adam Henley has been a part of the Hen-House team since spring of 2016. He is a 2005 graduate of Lake High School. He went on to obtain a Business Management degree from Kent State University in Kent, Ohio in 2010. He has 10+ years of sales experience. Adam enjoys working with customers to meet their needs and turn an idea into a reality. Adam is truly passionate about his designs and always eager to learn new traits.
Adam is married to his wife Jennifer and they have two small children, Madelyn and Hank. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, attending car shows and always thinking of ways to improve customer experience and satisfaction.
Check Out Our Videos
Quality and Workmanship
We are proud to provide professional and reliable custom deck services to the Ohio area. Our team specializes in helping our clients from the initial design right up until the finished product.